- 4 medium russet potatoes (8-10 ounces each)
- 1 of tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1 pound of fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ⅓ cup of reduced-fat cream cheese
- ¾ teaspoon of ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Scrub the potatoes first, then pierce each potato in several places with a fork. Then put them in the oven and bake them directly on the centre rack until they’re tender, (should be about 50 to 60 minutes). Let them stand until they’re cool enough to touch.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, for about 2 to 4 minutes. Then add the spinach, garlic and oregano; cook, stirring, until hot, for about 4 minutes then remove from heat.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a bowl. Place the skins in a 9-by-13-inch pan. Add cream cheese, pepper and salt to the bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in the spinach mixture and ½ cup feta. Stuff each potato skin with about ¾ cup of the filling. Top each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining feta.
- Bake them until the filling is steaming and the feta is browned, (should be about 25 to 35 minutes).