- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- 1 15-ounce can small white beans, rinsed
- 2 small bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 small red onion, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Combine the lemon juice, oil, dill, garlic, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Add the mushroom caps and turn them over in the mixture to coat them fully, then remove the mushrooms from the bowl. Add the white beans and stir them into the mixture.
- Place the mushroom caps gill-side up on the grill with peppers, onion and zucchini. Grill the vegetables, turning once, until they start to char and soften: should be about 8 minutes for the mushrooms and 6 minutes for the rest. Turn the mushrooms gill-side up again. Fill each with ¼ cup cheese and grill until the cheese is melted, should be about 1 minute more.
- Chop the peppers, onion and zucchini and add them to the bowl with the beans and toss it all together. Finally top each mushroom with about 1 cup of the grilled salad.
Serve this up with a side of brown rice!