- 1 2½- to 3-pound spaghetti squash,
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup of dry white wine
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined raw shrimp (16-20 per pound)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon of ground pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Cut the Squash in half, lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place squash halves cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in a 400°F oven until the squash is tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, coriander, cumin, ¼ teaspoon of salt and cayenne and stir for 30 seconds. Then add the wine and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, (should be about 3 to 4 minutes). Remove your pan from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Use a fork to scrape the squash from the shells into a medium bowl. Gently stir in the cilantro, butter, pepper and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Serve the shrimp over the spaghetti squash with a lemon wedge on the side.
Serve your spaghetti with a s small green salad of 2 cups of mixed greens topped with 1 tablespoon each of red-wine vinegar and olive oil and a slice gluten-free bread, topped with 1 teaspoon of butter.