- 4 cups of shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups of finely chopped baby spinach
- ½ cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup of chopped zucchini
- 4 large eggs
- Combine the potatoes, spinach, onion, ginger, curry powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Then add the potato mixture and press into a layer. Cook, without stirring, until it is crispy and golden brown on the bottom, (should be about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Fold in the chickpeas and zucchini, breaking up chunks of potato, until well combined.
- Press the mixture back into an even layer and carve out 4 “wells” in the mixture, like little holes.
- Break the eggs, one at a time, slipping one into each hole . Cover the pan and continue cooking until the eggs are set, (should be about 4 to 5 minutes for soft-set yolks).
Serve with a small green salad of 2 cups mixed greens topped with 1 1/2 teaspoons each red-wine vinegar and olive oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.